What happened to UTM Eastings Northings?

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I'm curious, why were the UTM options removed from 2.0?

Jan 21, 2011 at 6:33 PM

It's more a case of never getting round to adding them in... It's pretty easy to pull the needed code from 1.0. I think I even have some code with it included somewhere...

Of course you don't need it if your using DotSpatial for reprojection :)

Jan 21, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Edited Jan 21, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Oh, OK.  I'm using .NET Compact so DotSpatial isn't an option.  I know that Windows Mobile 6 is basically dead but out there in the industry, everybody is still using ruggedized Windows Mobile 6 devices for field data capture and they will be for the foreseeable future.

I think I'm going to make my own branch that caters to that scenario and hopefully adds a bit of future-proofing.  I like GeoFramework and GPS .NET but I'd love to give it a major StyleCop and ReSharper overhaul and add unit tests.  I guess that's the beauty of open source.  Also, I'm not too impressed with DotSpatial at this point - it seems fairly sloppy to me.

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:08 AM

The .NET Compact versions are under  DotSpatial\DotSpatial.Positioning\DotSpatial.Positioning.Compact this is actually the most recent version of GPS.NET and GeoFrameworks with some refactoring and cleaning up. Under the main repo branch DotSpatial\DotSpatial.Positioning is the work-in-progress

I'm sorry to hear that you would rather fork the project than help to maintain it as this can fracture the development effort. I understand that you want to provide support for the compact framework and agree that though WM6 might be a dying breed it is still in widespread usage (perhaps until W7Mobile takes over?)

Can I ask why you think that DotSpatial is "Sloppy"?